We picked the location for the stunning views, total tranquility, and for being walking distance from your accommodation and the sea. It really couldn’t be better!
Idyllic, peaceful, courses on the Devon/ Dorset border by the sea!
In 2020 we will be empowering you to realise your own cob building dream at our cob building site in Uplyme, Lyme Regis, Dorset. We have about an acre of lush land, looking across the valley to the stunning Uplyme viaduct, a short walk from the wonderful local campsite and numerous B&B options, and a short distance from the sea. You will learn all the practical skills and theory you need at our bespoke site to return home and realise your own cob building project.
What will you like best about our cob building workshop location?
- We are located in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK in lush, rolling countryside. Surrounded by deer, badgers, butterflies, rolling hills and lichen drenched trees we are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) in the village of Uplyme.
- The cob site is in an elevated position so you will be able to soak in great views and really relax on our courses.
- It’s quiet and peaceful – our courses are a wonderful escape from the everyday hustle and bustle.
- You can walk to your accommodation from the course site.
- We are walking distance from the beautiful sea – after the course wind your way downhill into Lyme Regis for a dip in the blue sea; supper on the sea front; or an ice cream on the promenade!
- We have all the facilities in place to make your course as comfortable and pleasurable as possible.
It is easy to get to our Cob Building Site for your cob building workshop?
Whether you are traveling from the UK, Europe or from further afield it is super easy to get to us with great rail, road, and air links near by.
We are minutes off the A35. And moments from the world famous River Cottage headquarters too.
The closest bus stop is a pleasant 10 minute stroll away in the village of Uplyme.
The nearest railway station is Axminster, on the main London Waterloo to Exeter line. Axminster is a 40 minute walk away; alternatively, a bus (see below) runs between Axminster station and Uplyme. Taxis are best booked in advance. Lifts from Axminster are occasionally available upon request, please ask for details.
Exeter Airport is close by and a 30 minute train journey from Exeter takes you to Axminster which is only 4 miles away from the workshops site. Alternatively fly to Bristol which is a little further away. London Airports Heathrow and Gatwick are easy too with fantastic rail links between London and Axminster.
If you stay at the local Hook Farm Camping and Caravan Park we are just over half a mile walk away. There are also lots of other accommodation options a walking distance away.
If want more info please call us anytime on 01297 44275 or use our contact form.
Other local places of interest:
Our courses are near Lyme Regis. But there are loads of other wonderful places you might want to check out whilst you are visiting. Charmouth Beach – famous for its fossils. Bridport – a bustling market town packed with independent shops and great places to eat. Axminter – a small friendly Market Town which hosts the famous River Cottage Canteen. Beer – a pebble beach with white cliffs and fishing boats. Branscombe – a wonderful stony beach with National Trust Cafe. Exeter is only 40 minutes away if you fancy visiting our local city. River Cottage Head Quarters is only a mile away! The list goes on – there is so much to see and do around here.