We’re always pleased to hear feedback from our course participants and clients. Here’s some recent feedback we’ve received...
- “The chunky chocolate flapjacks made for us on our course were amazing – I’m still banging on about them two years later 😍 the food was SUCH a bonus for us, and necessary after all the hard work!” (Abby Miller, August 2019)
- “Charlie’s filo, spinach and feta pie is out of this world and so are the pizzas baked in the cob oven. Learning about cob wasn’t bad either 😁” (Lisa Ladner, August 2019)
- This is a poem from Julia who came on our 4 day cob house building course in 2018!:
With a bit of trepidation we gather in the sun,will the course be ok and fellow cobbers fun? We needn’t have worried as Kate bundles in, all smiles and hellos with a massive great grin. We all introduce our reasons for coming – and as we relax we are more forthcoming.
A-M and Jen are heading to Germany where it’s very expensive to find a small plot. However Jen has her mother who will give them good luck! I believe another tattoo is a must, the next one perhaps a little cob hut.
Anne-Marie a force of incredible energy – if only she’d been on the England front line, we would have made it to the final this time!
Rob (Optirob) is well on his way to perfection, he’s already on track he just needs clarification. His cottage nearby sounds incredibly quaint, it can’t be long before it’s ready to paint.
Jaschenka is used to ordering her groups to make a raft to see if it floats. If only we’d had enough time and some luck, we could have made one to launch near the ducks.
Tom is at one with nature, his plan is to stop the plastic disaster and incorporate his finds in to cob and plaster. With his hammock he is looking for a place to stay, oh how he wishes the cows would just move away!
Jamie has taken copious notes and he’s selling copies for £5 notes! A staunch tea teetotaller or so we thought – when offered a pint of monkton home brew he never even thought to refuse!
Roseanne a figure all calm and serene, we do wish you well in living your dream.
As for Johnny and I, we cant wait to start cobbing in France and UK and we’ll try not to squabble over the thickness of clay and hope we’re still talking by the end of the day!
Charlie breezed in every day at one, with heavenly food lovingly done. Your flap jacks were gooey and incredibly yum.
Kate was a wonder of knowledge and fun who has inspired us to create a place in the sun. We can mix our own clay with a dance and a sway. We’ve created thick walls which will dry in a day. The stairway that leads straight up and back down now has a unicorn with a bit of a frown! We were puzzled by Kate’s list of strange cobbing words and are definitely no clearer by what these all meant but here is a list just in case!
Snoogle, Squaggle, Snodged, Wang, Splooging, Noshed, Shlang, Shnong, Smooshing, Levelation device – about the only one that is self explanatory!
Thank you Kate for a wonderful experience – we will all be bombarding you with photos of our various projects.Thank you to the wonderful cobbing crew. It was so lovely to meet you all and I do hope we keep in touch through our various cob projects. Love and best wishes, Julia (London).
- Many thanks again for the fantastic course last weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, your garden and the food you provided. I will completely recommend your course to anyone, it was well structured, very informative, a good balance of practice and discussion, and comprehensive enough to give me the confidence to attempt building my own house. (Danny Morris).
- What an amazing day. Lovely people, great teamwork, the chance to get mucky, the most enthusiastic and passionate teacher ever, fantastic, extraodinarily ‘fast’ food for lunch and Filby the dog. (and I learnt a lot!) Couldn’t have asked for more. Many thanks ladies.. Ali, from pizza workshop.
- Thank you so much for an amazing week of cobbing. Not only have you given me some invaluable skills to take forward in life that I intend to use as soon as possible, you provided them in a fantastic way.
I greatly appreciate what you gave and the way it was given. Everything from my morning cuppa and gorgeous lunches to the practical and well delivered advice, the experience and the opening up to a new way of life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Mike, Surrey.
- Wholly recommend the 4-day Cob Course. We were there last weekend and it was everything we could have hoped for. All the key topics covered, loads of cob-mixing experience, Kate’s practical wisdom, Charlie’s marvelous lunches, and a chance to meet other people with plans as mad as ours. Really enjoyed it. Andrew Davis.
- You don’t need to go to the Comedy Store for a laugh; you just do a cob course. Thank you all for the laughter. Carol, East Anglia
- Just wanted to thank you again for a totally fabulous week, has been life changing and I’m lovin it! Been getting some good looks off people with me ranting about the wonders of cob but is all good to me! Emma, Norfolk.
- Thanks for a really interesting and informative day last Sunday and as soon as the weather gets a little better I’ll be starting on my pizza oven….what a lovely place to live and work…Can you please thank Charlie for all the food, especially the cakes,
it was excellent. Eddie, Norfolk.
- Seriously, thanks for a great day with the perfect mix of education, activity and good company.
- The arguments for the cob oven became increasingly convincing but the deal was sealed with the delicious pizza at lunch. The proof of the pudding, as they say… Richard, London.
- Thank you so much, I had such an amazing day, it was so much fun. Learnt loads, laughed loads, amazing company, food and drink! I’ll be back for the 4 day course with friends. Emily, Market Harborough.
- Many thanks for such a fun course on Sunday. I had a great time and enjoyed all aspects of the course immensely (esp. pizza and salad). It was nice to meet the other cobbers and you and Charlie (+ Filby)! Once again thanks. My only problem is that I can’t decide where to site mine! Chris, Suffolk.
- Dear Kate – what a fantastic way to spend Mothers’ Day. It was great to learn all about cob and I can’t wait to get mobilised on my own pizza oven. And as for the food and view – amazing! Gillian, Somerset.
- Thanks for a brilliant day building a cob pizza oven – everything about it was fab – learning the skills, the laughter, the yummy food, the beautiful setting, Filby the dog, and you both made us feel so welcome! Alex Steward, Norfolk.
- Just a quick email to say thanks very much for a great 4 days . The course was everything I’d hoped for with quite a bit extra on top. You work really well as a team and I’m sure everyone has come away as inspired as I am.
Special thanks obviously to Kate for taking so much of the mystery out of what has always seemed to me such a baffling subject. Can’t wait to get my hands dirty and crack on with our new workshop. Adrian, East Anglia.
- Visit our Facebook page to read lots more kind reviews about our cob house building workshops and pizza oven courses.